Here are Britannica’s 7 picks for weirdest racehorse names. When the clue of “dog” came up, Mike Repole said to his wife, “Not a cat but a…” to which she blurted out, “Llama!” And a racehorse’s name was born. Teeny Turner - The irony of a horse as tiny is combined with famous singer Tina Turner's name to make something new and silly.
Peggy Sue's - Inspired by the mythological horse Pegasus. Now step up to the breathalyzer, horsie.
Foaling Around - For the horse whose young spirit will never fade. Not hay, at least, or horses would be doomed! Especially when choosing a funny name, keep in mind whether it will still be funny in years to come, or whether it is only smile-worthy at the current moment in time. Carrots.
Dunald Trump - Give your horse this presidential name that plays on the dun coat coloring. Horse racing can be serious business, but the colorful people involved in the sport definitely make certain there is a constant element of humor involved.
a lightning bolt is often used to symbolise immense power and/or the Gods. Horses are known for being large and fast.
18. In the states we might have named such a horse “Boondocks” or “Timbuktu,” but that doesn’t have quite the same ring to it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. *This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Bodacious Tatas (1985) 3 … Why wasn't this page useful? Forrest Jump – played by Tom Hanks in this 1994 film, Britney Spurs – famous singer of ‘Toxic’ and ‘Baby One More Time’, Leon Trotsky – a key figure in the Russian revolution, Hold Your Horses – this horse name is perfect for any impatient jockey. – nobody loves a burnt toast, right? These names pay homage to famous horses but add a humorous twist. Galileo: In Great Britain, this amazing sire was the forefather of 102 Group 1 winners. 8 races #GalwayRaces #unmissable pic.twitter.com/2H2Bzvw5HS, — Galway Races (@Galway_Races) July 30, 2018. To get started, here are over 130 funny horse names. 8.
The boy diligently wrote “Pot” followed by “8 o’s.” The owner liked the name so much that the horse was registered with it.
100 Male Horse Names. the best thing to put on your pancakes! — Larry Collmus (@larrycollmus) February 2, 2013. 19.
As well as writing, David has helped over 50,000 people choose the best name for their pet. Check out my about page for more detailed information. Way to rack up the creepiness factor!
There are over 300 different breeds of horse, so this list of funny male horse names should hopefully help you all with names. My Bae - The trendy term for a significant other plays double duty when it refers to the horse's coat color. High Maintenance. Sent Ore - The legendary half man, half horse known as a centaur inspires this work horse name.
US software company to create 200 jobs in Galway, 552 new confirmed cases, two deaths – intensive care units are still under pressure, New air ambulance operator to be established for overnight emergencies, Manufacturer says several “questionable” sanitiser products were brought into Ireland for pandemic.
Wow, what a genius! ??
Bred & Butter - This common pair gets an equine update. an American rock band whose songs include ‘Californiacation’. Wreck Less - Inspired by famous historical war horse Sargeant Reckless, this new name is great for a clumsy or very large horse.
3. Lairic, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Mucho Macho Man – Everybody wants to be him! Say it out loud. (c) 2019 My Pet's Name - All Rights Reserved. Sometimes, when naming a horse, you just need to have a little humor. Mistered - Pay homage to famous talking TV horse Mister Ed with this humorous new spelling. Just Mare-ied - While she may not be married, a horse with this name will get a lot of attention. All of these names play on the dual meanings found in common horse-related terminology. Pianist – Pianist wasn’t meant to be a funny name; however, as track announcer Larry Collmus pointed out, it can be a tricky name to say when you’re calling a race: Just looked at Thursday's entries. Bonnie and Clydesdale – Bonnie and Clyde were American criminals who were known for their bank robberies during the Great Depression. Some dirty name lists out there are obviously pretty awful, full of sexist, and racist overtones, something we have eschewed in our roundup, below.
This 18th-century horse got his unusual name either through a bit of misunderstanding or a bit of mischief. Dee Canter - A decanter is a glass vessel for storing wine, but this play on words also references a horse's gait in an almost human name.
Over 2,300 Horse Names Based on Breed, Color & More! Better make sure my diction is good that day. Other names due to how rude they sound when you say them, or when you use a certain accent.
1. Potato – this horse may prefer trotting to galloping, and be more on the chunky side! Flat Fleet Feet – We’re pretty sure this horse was named with the express intent to mess with track announcers.
We will quit foaling around with all these facts, and let you trot on with this list: Stable Manners One easy way to get laughs with your horse name is to include words for things that aren't typically associated with horses. Funny Horse Names I’ll Have Another (2012) Owned by Canadian J. Paul Reddam, this 2009 born horse won the Kentucky Derby in 2012. With the Galway Races kicking off today, we’re guaranteed to hear some weird and wonderful racehorse names.
Rock Hard Ten – This is another one that may not be funny at first glance, but if you channel your inner Ron Jeremy you’ll get there.
Let us see some of the funniest horse names ever. I write these articles to help others learn more about horses.
I currently live and board my horse in Los Angeles, CA. Naming your horse after items of food, such as chocolate bar, or thinking up horse puns is fun and can create a hilarious, unique name for your horse.
Check out some of these names that owners came up with for their horses: 1.
Funny horse names are ideal for a playful pony whose cheeky personality makes you laugh.
Wait!! Ahem!! American Pharoah: The One Horse Racing Was Waiting For, Breeders’ Cup Pre-Entries Announced for 2020 World Championships, Road to 2020 Breeders’ Cup: Three Heating Up, Three Cooling Down for Oct. 13, Get to Know All 13 U.S. 1st race: 5.20pm
3. ARRRRR surprised race fans with an exciting first-place finish from behind that heard the announcer yelling “ARRRRR, ARRRRRR, ARRRRRRRR!!!”.
Onoitsmymothernlaw – Be on your best behavior around this horse.
Also, see what else we have to offer on our site, and we’ll prove we’re more than a one trick pony, or maybe we’re just foal of ourselves. We’ve created this list of over 30 funny horse names to help out you and your horse.
This New Zealand thoroughbred is one for Star Wars fans.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
The British horse was bred using a stallion named Pursuit of Love and a mare called My Discovery, which makes sense.
3. The ancestor of the horse may have only been as big as a large dog, and perhaps not something you could use as transport! There's a horse running named Pianist. Give your horse funny cultural relevance with these names. ViraPro was recalled before schools broke up as it was found to cause skin problems and eye and respiratory irritation.
The boy diligently wrote “Pot” followed by “8 o’s.”
Sherbet – also sounds like ‘sure bet’, meaning they can’t lose a race! While not everyone is guaranteed to appreciate a silly name, it will certainly garner attention. What the Buck - The perfect funny name for a horse who just doesn't care what others think or want. Bandit – a robber or an outlaw typically in an isolated or lawless area, Clotheshorse – a frame on which clothes are hung to have them air dry.
Arrrrr. 23 Creative Thanksgiving Family Traditions, Deep Cleaning Checklist: Easy Guide to Clean Like a Pro, Smart Purse Alternatives to Fit Your Life. Horse-pital – the place where you take sick donkeys! A US software company has announced it will create 200 jobs in Galway as part of its European Headquarters.
He is a member of the Dog Writers Association of America, holds two degrees and has studied Applied Animal Behavior and Welfare.
Horses are known for being large and fast. A funny horse name shows a lot of personality and speaks to your sense of humor. Neighsayer - A name you might give to a pessimistic horse. 2. Names must be unique (unless they are deemed old enough to be used again—some famous names, like Seabiscuit, are off-limits forever), and in a pool of some 450,000 active names that leads to some interesting combinations. 6.
Choosing a horse name that will remain fun, fresh and not at all embarrassing after all those years is sometimes a challenge. Mare 'N Go - Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte's faithful companion Marengo gets a modern twist. By the way, can you think of why the owner named it carrots?
– it’s still a mystery. Thus, the horse Golden Soul is by Perfect Soul out of Hollywood Gold. Hermioneigh – Harry Trotter’s smart and intelligent sidekick!
If you enjoyed the article please take a moment to pin it to Pinterest or share on social media. Donkey – Shrek’s companion in the famous animated franchise is a donkey, called Donkey. Kentucky Derby winner in 1929, Clyde Van Dusen was named after his trainer, former jockey Clyde Van Dusen. The boy diligently wrote “Pot” followed by “8 o’s.” May The Horse Be With You
By signing up for this email, you are agreeing to news, offers, and information from Encyclopaedia Britannica. Red Hot Filly Pepper
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink, and we can give you a list of horse names but you have to be the one to choose it.
A horse’s heart is almost the size of a basketball – they have a lot of love to give! Hay Fever – a condition caused by an allergic reaction to pollen. This blog is run by me, April Lee. Britney Spurs – famous singer of ‘Toxic’ and ‘Baby One More Time’. Yes, it sounds like ‘Who Farted’. Red Horse Names; Ironic Names. Honey Bunches of Oats.
Sgt. They have the difficult task of deciding which names are permissible and which are not.
Names Like Klaus, What Does Woi Oi Meaning Drake, Captain Pirate Names, Jack Huston Vip Wireless Net Worth, Prem P Sathish Imdb, Swimbaits For Sale, Onu Paix Et Sécurité 2021, Lettre Manque De Respect Envers Un Supérieur Hiérarchique Pdf, Linda Lawson Bio, Jefferson Nickel Errors, American Bull Dane Puppies For Sale Near Me, Jack Larson Net Worth, Tarkov Ammo Chart 2020, Brandon Prust Baby, Coors Light Font, Mast Qalandar Meaning, Chris Tomlin Leaves Six Step Records, Taos Gorge Bridge Death 2019, Malick Thiaw Parents, Mrs Lovett Costume Plus Size, Gm Family Ii Engine, Cher Taffaro Nungesser, Who Is Sofia Carson Sister, Best Primer For New Drywall In Bathroom, Is Sky News Biased, Zombs Overwatch N Word, Volleyball Shorts Fail, Used Nanaimo Latest Ads, Electric Scooter For Men, Famous People With Addison's Disease, Unknown Fortnite Skin, Youngest Master Chief In The Navy, Barbara Lopez And Macarena Achaga Relationship, Mazikeen Name Meaning, Ellis Creek Cairn Terriers, Pokemon Rejuvenation Password, Why Does The Hood Mockingbird Have A Long Beak, How To Turn Off Blood In Call Of Duty Warzone, Verdin Carillon Manual, Tom Kempinski Obituary, Jose Manalo Kids, Mlb Gaiter Scarf, Izzie Coffey Instagram,